Hi, Hello, Welcome!

I'm a Fullstack Developer by day, and a father and husband by night.

I spend 80% of my time working on websites, APIs, and integrations, and the other 20% working on infrastructure and other ops related projects/tasks.

I'm based out of Brisbane, Australia, and work predominantly with PHP (Laravel), VueJS, Tailwind CSS, and (some) Golang.

I currently work as the sole developer of the Grainfather website and API, and take lead on the infrastructure supporting this.

My Posts

I'm somewhat new to blogging, but here are some posts that I think are pretty interesting:

A Beginners Guide to Basic Indexing

I want to preface this post with a disclaimer; this literally is a 'beginners guide'. A while back, I was facing some performance issues with an application in production and this post is a...

March 21, 2020 | 11 minute read


Custom Throttle Middleware

I've said it before, and I'll say it again, one of the biggest benefits of using a framework is that so many common use-cases or problems have already been solved - and throttling requests is no...

July 24, 2019 | 4 minute read


Customising the Email Verification Expiration Time

One of the biggest benefits of using a framework like Laravel is that so many of the common use-cases or problems have already been solved; email verification is no exception. Since Laravel 5.7, it...

July 8, 2019 | 3 minute read


Using Laravel Horizon outside of Production and Local

Laravel is pretty awesome as far as frameworks go. But what really makes it amazing is the suite of open-source software sitting behind it; one of which is Horizon. Horizon is a dashboard and...

February 11, 2019 | 3 minute read


Setting the correct auth guard for your requests

When I'm writing controllers, I like to minimise the number of dependencies I need to use. This means reusing dependencies I'm already pulling in where I can, and for the most part the...

February 9, 2019 | 3 minute read